Welcome to the EAIVT registration page of the
International Markets Congress 2019 London, UK.
Before you complete the registration form, we are kindly asking you to read and accept our data handling procedure. At the end of the text you can confirm your approval and proceed to the registration form.
EU data protection provisions and the handling of data from members, partners and conference guests by EAIVT
On 25 May 2018 REGULATION (EU) 2016/679, the EU “General Data Protection Regulation” (GDPR) came into force.
The GDPR lays down rules relating to the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and rules relating to the free movement of personal data. GDPR requires all enterprises to obtain consent from data subjects regarding the collection and processing of personal data.
- ‘Enterprise’ means a natural or legal person engaged in an economic activity, irrespective of its legal form, including partnerships or associations regularly engaged in an economic activity.
- ‘Consent’ of the data subject means any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her.
Summary of principles relating to processing of personal data
Personal data shall be:
- a) processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject
- b) collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes
- (c) adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed
- (d) accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; (…)
- (e) kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed
- f) processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data
Lawfulness of processing
- To ensure lawfulness of data processing it is required that the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes. It is further required that processing (of personal data) is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or that processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller (here E.A.I.V.T.) or by a third party.
NB: By filling in the on-line registration you give your consent to our processing of your data for the purpose of your registration as a participant at the above-named event.
Right to object
- The data subject shall have the right to object, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning him or her (…) Where personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, the data subject has the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning him or her for such marketing (…)
NB: We will only use your data for the purpose of your registration as a participant at the above-named event. After successful registration we will send you a confirmation email listing the data we have stored for you.
There will be no subsequent marketing activities using this data. We will only store your data under our legal obligations relating to the contractual relationship between us.
EAIVT Data Privacy and Protection Mission Statement
EAIVT collects and processes information and personal data from its members, partners and conference guests solely for the purpose of carrying out any of the above-mentioned lawful activities, performing necessary internal data subject administration, and in particular in order to deliver the member- and partnership services, for which the data subjects have entered into a contract with EAIVT.
Data collected from members, partners and conference guests will be used for internal purposes only. Photographic material collected at EAIVT conferences will be used for EAIVT event documentation and member services.
For any questions regarding EAIVT’s handling of personal data please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.